Immerse yourself in the bursting colour of culture-rich Nepal. Beautiful architecture, dramatic landscapes and the hospitable highland people make this country a special destination at any time. Volunteer as a teacher in the breathtaking Kathmandu Valley or simply enjoy the world’s most famous treks through the Himalayas.
Projects in Nepal
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Trek and Tour the Himalayas
Teach English in the Kathmandu Valley
Nepal simply has it all – from the bustling city streets of chaotic Kathmandu to the tranquil villages you’ll call home, from an expanse of flatland in the Terai to the world’s highest mountain range, Nepal is certainly a country to fall in love with. Catch a jaw-dropping glimpse of Mount Everest before you’ve even landed, then acclimatise in a capital city that’s striving to modernise while clinging onto traditions – all adding a unique charm to the fast-paced nature of Kathmandu. Delve into a proud nation that’s steeped in history as you attend more festivals and weddings than you could possibly imagine!
One of the great things about spending time in Nepal is that it is so different to anywhere else in the world. Even though it shares a border with India, the architecture and way of life is so different. Nepal has not been under colonial rule so everything feels very different to life at home!
Being one of the first gap year organisations to send volunteers to Nepal, we are proud of our Nepal programmes and our long-standing connections here. Having sent volunteers to Nepal since 2001 means that we have years of experience both of running our projects and working with the local communities. Through close links that we have made with a variety of projects and people means that our programmes here can be very flexible, boasting the opportunity to get involved in rafting, trekking and even a trip to Tibet- a once in a lifetime experience.
With our longer term volunteer programmes in Nepal you experience all that the region has to offer with our 8 day Himalayan trek, 8 day tour of Tibet plus a rafting and safari trip!
- Home of the world renowned Mount Everest, the world’s tallest mountain which towers up to 8,848 metres.
- Some of the most friendly and hospitable people in the world- just wait to be invited to dinner!
- Vibrant festivals throughout the year- you can’t fail to miss one!
- Beautiful scenery, a deep cultural and religious heritage and the traditional architecture make a visit to Nepal absolutely fascinating.
Why Choose Oyster?
- We have been working in Nepal since 2001, and were one of the first organisations to send volunteers there!
- We are so proud to have the same staff as our representatives since Day 1- Basant’s enthusiasm and care will stay with you for the rest of your life
- Long term projects that provide true cultural immersion to the volunteer and a positive impact on the community.