Described by some of our volunteers as the “hidden gem of Eastern Europe”, Romania is an undiscovered beauty for many travellers. Get to know this green and mountainous country as a local, and make a genuine contribution to some of the inspiring welfare volunteering there.
Those looking to do a ski season will have a memorable time, working in Romania and enjoying the local ski scene. We’ll arrange a ski and snowboard instructor course and guaranteed job.
Projects in Romania
Volunteer with Bears in Romania
Volunteer with Children in Romania
Medical Internship in Romania
Paid Ski Season in Romania
Get to know the unspoiled beauty of Eastern Europe
Romania is a country so full of contrast, with beautiful scenery, rich foods and warm people that you are almost at a loss to how to start describing it. It is extremely green and beautiful, yet totally unexploited. Tourism has never really boomed here, which really adds to the appeal of this almost forgotten country.
Actually spending some time living, working and volunteering in Romania really opens your eyes to the hidden gems that this country secretly boasts. Its famous landmarks include the Carpathian Mountains, the Transfagaras Highway (which the Top Gear team tackled in typical Jeremy Clarkson style!) and the beautiful Black Sea, but there is much more to life here than first meets the eye.
The Oyster work and volunteer programmes are located in the elegant city of Brasov, which boasts lively nightlife, mountain walks, great winter skiing and the infamous Dracula’s Castle. Here, in one of our longest running destinations, we offer a great variety of gap year programmes, career break options and even shorter projects for a great holiday with a difference.
- Referred to by one of our volunteers as one of “Europe’s hidden gems”, Romania is a stunning and diverse country, ripe for exploring.
- The city of Brasov is a vibrant and buzzing base for volunteers and workers alike, with plenty of history, culture, restaurants and bars.
- Get to know the incredible history of a former Eastern Bloc nation and witness the dramatic changes since that era.
- Beautiful mountains, Dracula’s castle, medieval cities, great cuisine… this country boasts something for everybody.
Why Choose Oyster?
- One of Oyster’s longest running destinations, we have been working in Brasov since 2003
- A real passion and expertise both from our UK office and from our rep, Razvan, who was worked with us since the beginning on this exciting journey
- Destination Manager Anne spent 12 weeks volunteering with bears in Romania and, as such, is a great source of knowledge on the projects and the area
- Over the many years that we have been working in Brasov we have built up some fantastic links with many different projects- and can arrange most things here, from medical internships to veterinary experience.