Here at Oyster we pride ourselves on the level of support that we offer to all of our participants. This continues throughout- right from your initial contact with us up until the end of your trip overseas.
Oyster began life in 1999 with the aim of providing preparation and support that enables Oyster participants to go well beyond what they can experience through independent travel. This support allows them to take on challenging and unusual experiences that give a real taste of where they go rather than just passing through.
The key ingredients of Oyster’s support are:
- Careful screening followed by relevant briefing and training before departure. We speak to all potential participants before offering a place and offer everyone the chance to come to our office if they want to.
- Long serving Destination managers with first hand experience of every project.
- Experienced and high calibre in country staff, many of whom have worked for us for over 10 years.
- First class communications – we are contactable 24 hours a day in case of any problems and react immediately if there is an incident or if something is not right.
- Constant reviewing – Oyster is self critical. Through regular communications and formal reviews we make constant improvements to the way we operate.
Read reviews and comments from parents of past Oyster participants
Oyster Worldwide is a full member of the Year Out Group, an association of leading gap year organisations that requires us to adhere to certain standards on safety and financial security.
We are protected by an ATOL (Air Tour Operator’s Licence) – a government-backed insurance scheme run by the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) that guarantees a holiday in the event that any tour operator goes into liquidation.
Our ATOL number is 9598. Please note that the ATOL only applies if flights have been purchased through us and not if participants arrange their own.
We adhere to British Standard 8848 – a well respected safety standard designed for organisations sending people overseas on adventurous projects.
Contact details for parents:
PARENT HELPLINE: Contact Roger on +44 (0)1892 771971
PARENT EMAIL: email@example.com
Some reviews from parents:
“You have a very impressive company. Julia is having the most wonderful time in Whistler – loves her job, loves Whistler and loves all the wonderful people she has made close friendships with. It is very reassuring for us to have someone to ring should we need to.”
Mr Bergin, Victoria, Australia
“Whilst in Nepal, Anna was so pleased to have contact with Basant (the Oyster Representative) and his wife who were so kind and hospitable”
Mrs Newey, Stratford Upon Avon
“Our son Ned, who went on a placement to Nepal last year, had a splendid time and as parents our impression of your whole organisation has been very good indeed. Right from the aptitude testing interview to the Pre Departure Course to the feedback questionnaire everything was extremely well organised, and the whole placement excellent value for money – although that was not really our problem as Ned paid for himself”
Dr Yoxall, Taunton
“A very capable, independent, organised young adult daughter returned home from Chile in August. We would just like to take this opportunity of thanking you for making Susie’s visit possible. It was a huge success.”
Mrs Power, Yorkshire