Work with us
Do you have a passion for travel and want to share that passion with others? Start your career in the travel industry by working for Oyster Worldwide.
As a company with a reputation for being highly customer focused and for providing first class support to our participants, our numbers are growing rapidly. We are always on the look out for exceptional candidates to join our small team. We keep all strong CVs that we receive on file. If you think you have what it takes, email Jon Arnold ([email protected]) your up to date CV. When vacancies arise, we will review all suitable CVs.
Most of our job opportunities are based at our head office in rural East Sussex, UK. We may occasionally post vacancies for staff to work as a representative in one of our destinations overseas.
As a part of a small UK based team, whatever your job role, you’ll get exposure to all aspects of how a small business operates. This is extremely rewarding and gives everyone the opportunity to manage the whole process, from marketing a project, recruiting participants, briefing them, right through to the end of their time overseas with follow-up.
Not many organisations can offer the daily variety that we provide at Oyster!
We are currently looking for two trip leaders for our 2 week pre-medical internships in July or August 2018. If you are interested and would like details contact Sarah ([email protected])
- Experience working with teenagers
- Have an up to date DBS check/ police check
- Have a valid passport
- Experience in overseas travel in Asia
- Candidates must be available and commit to the trip
- Successful candidate must attend Oyster Worldwide training before departure
An ideal candidate will preferably have:
- Experience leading groups abroad
- Experience or a strong interest in medicine or science
- First Aid trained
We are currently looking for a intern to join Oyster on a fixed term. Please see below for details and contact Jon for details ([email protected]).
What can I expect working for Oyster in the UK?
- Competitive salary
- Friendly, relaxed office environment
- Regular social meet ups
- Prospects for taking responsibility for various business areas
- Potential to travel to our projects
- Generous holiday allowance (28 days including 8 bank holidays)
- Responsible job but great fun
- Work on the edge of the beautiful Ashdown Forest in rural East Sussex in a converted barn (if you call us, you may well hear cows mooing in the background!)
If you are looking to get some experience in the travel industry to help improve your CV, or if you need work experience as part of your degree, we may be able to offer you a summer or 6 month paid internship at our office. The aim of the internship is to give interns experience across all of our business areas, from marketing, face to face sales, to finance and operations.
You will need your own transport to get to and from the office, and for occasional UK meetings, and have local accommodation.
To discuss the opportunities for working with us, give Jon a call on 01892 771972 or email [email protected].