7-week ski instructor course in Whistler, Canada
Join our 7 week ski instructor programme in Whistler Blackcomb and take both the CSIA Level 1 and Level 2 exams – both included in the price!
During this 7 week ski instructor training course in Whistler you will not only take the CSIA Level 1 and Level 2 examinations, we will also get you through the the Level 1 AST avalanche course and the teaching children module of the CSIA. In addition, this course is packed full of additional extras that will help make you a more desirable instructor when it comes to recruitment, including:
- Customer service
- Injury prevention
- Risk assessment training
- Equipment tuning
- Boot fitting
This is an intensive course but great fun for those short on time or looking to qualify and work as a ski instructor during the same season.
Our instructors are the best in town and that’s why we include the cost of the CSIA Level 2 exam (worth well over $600 alone). We know that they will get you to the required level in time to take the exam.
You’ll be on the mountain 5 days a week with your instructor (outside of the exam periods) so will have plenty of time to explore all that Whistler Blackcomb has to offer.
Ski courses are a great way to boost your ski ability levels. With our extra training around customer service, and living and training with other people during the winter season, you will also improve your interpersonal skills whilst you increase your technical knowledge and advance your own skiing.
What experience do I need?
This course is ideal for any skier that is of a low-intermediate standard or above. Basically, as long as you feel comfortable skiing down red runs in Europe or blues in North America and linking your turns, we can accept you on the course. Your skills and technique will dramatically improve over the course of 7 weeks!
Accommodation and Food
Accommodation is located in either Whistler Village or Creekside, both locations are within easy reach of the lifts. You will live in a chalet with other course members.
Subject to availability, you can choose to share a room with between one and three other people. There are a limited number of single occupancy rooms available as well. Please contact Jon to discuss your requirements.
All options offer a great living and dining area, storage room and sun deck. You can also choose between catered or self-catered accommodation. Our catered option includes 6 continental breakfasts and 6 tasty dinners a week (everyone is self catered on a Sunday). This is beneficial after a long day skiing on the slopes and means you get a guaranteed hot meal.
The self-catered accommodation gives you access to a fully equipped kitchen so you can cook your own food whenever you want.
- Short on time? This is great opportunity to gain professional qualifications in just 7 weeks
- CSIA Level 2 exam fees included in the price (worth over $600!)
- Call the world-class resort of Whistler Blackcomb your home for 7 weeks this winter
- Receive training in small groups from the best instructors in town, all of whom are CSIA Level 4 qualified.
Whyshould I do this?
There are lots of instructor training programs that you could choose from. This course is up there with the best as it will get you through to CSIA Level 2 standard in such a short space of time.
The course starts on the Saturday in Whistler, however most people choose to arrive in Canada on the Friday to give themselves time to get over the flight, organise equipment and pick up the ski pass in Whistler.
Most people fly into Vancouver Airport and book a coach transfer up to Whistler via the scenic Sea to Sky Highway. You can either stay in a Vancouver or Whistler hotel for your first night.
For this course, Oyster will guarantee to beat the web fare on the BA or Air Canada websites if you choose to book your London Heathrow to Vancouver return flights with us. We will also waive our booking fee which will give you a further £30 saving, and include ATOL protection for the duration of your trip.
What is provided
- Initial chat to assess your suitability
- Access to your personal ‘My Oyster’ account – our online portal where you can find out much more about the programme and manage your booking
- Help and advice from our UK office before departure
- Your money is protected with Oyster. We have ATOL Protection (as long as we book your flights) and a bond with IPP (if we don’t book your flights)
- CSIA Level 1 and 2 exam fees
- CSIA Teaching Children Module
- Recreational Avalanche Courses AST1
- Over 20 hours of professional training per week
- Whistler Blackcomb Season Pass
- Training given by CSIA Level 4 instructors
- Small groups to maximise your training
- Weekly feedback from your pro
- Lift line priority
- Video analysis
- Extra training (customer service, communications, injury prevention, risk assessment, boot fitting and equipment tuning)
- Resort rep available 24/7
- 6 dinners and breakfasts per week (if in catered accommodation)
- Off-snow and evening activities
- Equipment and store discounts
- Job finding assistance
On your return:
- Welcome home pack
- Certificate of Recognition (on request)
- References (on request)
What do I need
- Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) before heading to Canada. This costs $7 and is valid for up to 5 years
- Transfers from Vancouver Airport to Whistler and back at the end of the season
- Valid Passport
- Travel insurance, covering winter sports (including back country) and any planned independent travel
- Independent travel costs at the start and end of the season
- Food costs (if you choose the self catered option)