Whistler 4-week Ski or Snowboard Instructor Course
Enjoy a holiday in Whistler with a purpose, and gain your Level 1 ski or snowboard instructor qualifications.
Get a taste for life as a snow sports instructor on our 4 week instructor training course in North America’s number 1 resort – Whistler Blackcomb. Improve your skills whilst learning from fully qualified Level 4 instructors. Boost your experience even further by taking the AST (Avalanche Skills Training) Level 1 – providing you knowledge of skiing and snowboarding safely in the backcountry.
Spend 4 weeks surrounded by glistening, powdery snow and a stunning mountainous backdrop as you earn your CSIA or CASI Level 1 in Whistler Blackcomb.
For 4 weeks you will be training with fully qualified instructors who will provide detailed teaching and allow you to shadow and learn from them each day. Every day, you will cover a various aspect of skiing; from bumps and slalom to off-piste and steeps.
Additional aspects on the course which are covered to gain full instructor knowledge include:
- CSIA Teaching Children Module (skiers only)
- Recreational Avalanche course – AST 1
- Customer Service
- Injury prevention
- Equipment Tuning
- Boot fitting
For more information on the qualifications, read our more information page.
This in-depth training and fully committed team will lead you on your way to becoming a great snowsports instructor. You’ll meet like-minded friends, enjoy a great social life and live in one of the most beautiful places in the world – life doesn’t get much better!
This trip has been amazing and I am so happy to have done it. I have met friends that will last me a lifetime from all over the world. The people doing the course really made it, but the instructors also created an amazing atmosphere and helped me improve 100%. They are such great teachers and so friendly which helped. Savannah, 2017
What experience do I need?
Ideally, you must be confident going down the equivalent of red runs in Europe or blue runs in North America, skiing or snowboarding. During the programme your ability and skill will drastically progress.
Accommodation and Food
You will stay in a centrally located chalet with other members on your course. Your accommodation will range from a solo to a quad room. The accommodation has a great living and dining area, storage rooms and a sun deck. You have a choice of catered or self-catered rooms. Catered gives you 6 continental breakfasts and 6 delicious dinners a week. This is easier and means you get a guaranteed hot meal each day after being on the slopes. Self-catered accommodation provides you with a well kitted-out kitchen so you can eat according to your own timetable.
- An all inclusive programme with no hidden fees or exam costs when you get to Whistler
- Receive top-level training in a world-class resort
- Gain a fantastic qualification to improve employability
- No Canadian Working Holiday visa needed!
- Enjoy a great social life with others who share your enthusiasm for snow sports
Most people fly into Vancouver Airport and book a coach transfer up to Whistler via the scenic Sea to Sky Highway. There, you meet our rep to help you settle in. It is advisable to arrive in Canada on the Friday before the course begins on the Saturday, to get over jet-lag, buy any needed equipment and pick up your ski pass.
Book your flights through Oyster and we will guarantee to beat the web fare on the BA or Air Canada websites (flying London Heathrow to Vancouver return). We will also waive our booking fee which will give you a further £30 saving, and include ATOL protection for the duration of your trip.
What is provided
- Informal interview and briefing
- Access to your personal ‘My Oyster’ account – our online portal where you can find out much more about the programme and manage your booking
- Help and advice from our UK office before departure
- Financial protection through IPP (or ATOL, if we book your flights)
- Over 20 hours of professional training per week
- CSIA/CASI Level 1
- CSIA Teaching Children Module (skiers only)
- Recreational Avalanche Course AST1
- Whistler Blackcomb Season Ski Pass
- Training given by CSIA/CASI Level 4 instructors
- Small groups to maximise your training
- Weekly feedback from your pro
- Lift line priority
- Video analysis
- Extra training (customer service, communications, injury prevention, boot fitting and equipment tuning)
- 6 dinners and breakfasts per week (if in catered accommodation)
- Resort rep available 24/7
- Evening activities
- Optional off-snow activities each week
- Equipment and store discounts
- Job finding assistance
On your return:
- Welcome home pack
- Certificate of Recognition (on request)
- References (on request)
What do I need
- Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) before heading to Canada. This costs $7 and is valid for up to 5 years
- Transfers from Vancouver Airport to Whistler and back at the end of the season
- Valid Passport
- Travel insurance, covering winter sports (including backcountry) and any planned independent travel
- Independent travel costs at the end of the season
- Food costs (if you choose the self catered option)