Most Oyster Worldwide participants are young adults and itís important that we treat them as such. So we deal directly with our participants on all issues to do with placements or pastoral care.
However, we do recognise that parents are the single most important emotional Ė and often financial! Ė support in a participantís life and that you will be anxious to know that your child is in good hands.
So this section of the site is just for you. You can use it to email us (we are happy to welcome parents onto any part of the interview process and are always available on phone or email throughout a placement) or to check any news relevant to parents that we may post here.
On the reassurance front, the following will help, but please do take the time to have a good look at the website; itís full of information:
- Placements are chosen to suit participants and fully organised in advance
- Our two UK-based destination managers get to know all participants personally
- Overseas representatives are locally based and always available to participants (and, if necessary, parents by phone or email)
- All our projects are thoroughly and regularly monitored by both UK staff and overseas representatives
- Oyster Worldwide is a full member of the Year Out Group, an association of leading gap year organisations
- We are protected by an ATOL (Air Tour Operatorís Licence) - a government-backed insurance scheme run by the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) that guarantees a holiday in the event that any tour operator goes into liquidation. Our ATOL number is 9598. Please note that the ATOL only applies if flights have been purchased through us and not if participants arrange their own.
PARENT HELPLINE: Contact Roger on 01892 770771
PARENT EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org