Code of Conduct
There are many reasons why people choose to travel with Oyster. One of the main reasons is our commitment to supporting you both in the preparation for, and during, your time away with us.
We do, however, expect certain things from you whilst you are away with us. Our programmes are not ‘holidays’ and whether you will be getting paid work, volunteering or joining a course, there is work for you to do. You are therefore expected to conform to the following standards of behaviour:
- To give your all to the programme that you have signed up to, work hard and approach tasks with a positive attitude;
- To respect the cultural attitudes and practices of those you meet and work with in the host country;
- To show a responsible and professional attitude at work and to do the job assigned to you to the best of your ability;
- To keep your accommodation clean and tidy;
- To inform the rep/ coordinator if you are going off travelling during the project and to let them know the planned date of return;
- To make sure that you are available to work when required (eg: getting up on time, returning on time from travels);
- To let somebody know if there is a problem – if we do not know about it, we cannot help to fix it;
- To respect others within the group and refrain from any abusive or unkind behaviour;
- To respect the environment, taking a responsible approach towards litter and using scarce resources.