As a company with a reputation for being highly customer focused and for providing first class support to our participants, we continue to grow steadily. We are always on the look out for exceptional candidates to join our small team. We keep all strong CVs that we receive on file, so if you think you have what it takes, email Roger Salwey ([email protected]) your up-to-date CV along with a cover letter detailing your motivations for applying. When vacancies arise, we review all the suitable CVs we hold before looking externally.
We look for a lot of proven attributes in our staff. Most importantly, being able to share a passion for travel, a strong sense of responsibility towards our participants and projects, being able to multitask and all with a keen eye for detail.
Most of our job opportunities are based online or at our head office in rural East Sussex, UK. We may occasionally post vacancies for staff to work as a representative in one of our destinations overseas.
As a part of a small UK based team, whatever your job role, you’ll get exposure to all aspects of how a small business operates. This is extremely rewarding and gives everyone the opportunity to manage the whole process, from marketing a project, recruiting participants, briefing them, right through to the end of their time overseas with follow-up.
Current vacancies in the UK:
We have no current vacancies. Interested in an internship? See details below.
What can I expect working for Oyster in the UK?
- Competitive salary reviewed annually and NEST employer pension contributions
- Friendly, relaxed office environment
- Regular social meet ups
- Prospects for taking responsibility for various business areas
- Potential travel to our overseas projects and recruiting events in the UK and USA
- Generous holiday allowance (28 days including 8 bank holidays)
- Responsible job with opportunities to learn on the job and externally too
- Based 9 miles from Tunbridge Wells, on the edge of the beautiful Ashdown Forest in rural East Sussex (if you call us, you may well hear cows mooing in the background!)
Current vacancies for trip leaders:
We have no current vacancies for trip leaders, but if this is something you are interested in, do get in touch with Georgie by email at [email protected] or call her directly on +44 (0) 1892771977.
The ideal applicant must have:
- Experience working with teenagers
- An up to date DBS check/ police check
- A valid passport
- Experience in overseas travel
- A strong level of commitment to the trip
- A willingness to attend Oyster Worldwide training before departure
And they will preferably have:
- Experience leading groups abroad
- Experience or a strong interest in medicine or science
- First Aid trained
If you are looking to get some experience in the travel industry to help improve your CV, or if you need work experience as part of your degree, we may be able to offer you a summer or 6 month paid internship at our office. The aim of the internship is to give interns experience across all of our business areas; from marketing to face to face sales, finance and operations. For an internship we pay just above minimum wage.
You will need your own transport to get to and from the office and for occasional UK meetings.
To discuss the opportunities for working with us, give Roger Salwey a call on 01892 771971 or email [email protected].