As a company with a reputation for being highly customer focused and for providing first class support to our participants, we continue to grow steadily. We are always on the look out for exceptional candidates to join our small team. We keep all strong CVs that we receive on file. If you think you have what it takes, email Jon Arnold ([email protected]) your up to date CV. When vacancies arise, we review all suitable CVs we hold before looking externally.
We look for a lot of proven attributes in our staff. Most importantly, being able to share a passion for travel, a strong sense of responsibility towards our participants and projects, being able to multi task and all with a keen eye for detail.
Most of our job opportunities are based at our head office in rural East Sussex, UK. We may occasionally post vacancies for staff to work as a representative in one of our destinations overseas.
As a part of a small UK based team, whatever your job role, you’ll get exposure to all aspects of how a small business operates. This is extremely rewarding and gives everyone the opportunity to manage the whole process, from marketing a project, recruiting participants, briefing them, right through to the end of their time overseas with follow-up.
Current vacancies in the UK:
We have no current vacancies at our UK office but on average a new role comes up every 12 months or so.
What can I expect working for Oyster in the UK?
- Competitive salary reviewed annually and NEST employer pension contributions
- Friendly, relaxed office environment
- Regular social meet ups
- Prospects for taking responsibility for various business areas
- Potential travel to our overseas projects and recruiting events in the UK and USA
- Generous holiday allowance (28 days including 8 bank holidays)
- Responsible job with opportunities to learn on the job and externally too
- Based 9 miles from Tunbridge Wells, Kent on the edge of the beautiful Ashdown Forest in rural East Sussex in a converted barn (if you call us, you may well hear cows mooing in the background.)
Current vacancies for trip leaders:
We are currently looking for two trip leaders for our 2 week pre-medical internships in July or August 2020. If you are interested and would like details contact Jon with a CV ([email protected]).
- Experience working with teenagers
- Have an up to date DBS check/ police check
- Have a valid passport
- Experience in overseas travel in Asia
- Candidates must be available and commit to the trip
- Successful candidate must attend Oyster Worldwide training before departure
An ideal candidate will preferably have:
- Experience leading groups abroad
- Experience or a strong interest in medicine or science
- First Aid trained
If you are looking to get some experience in the travel industry to help improve your CV, or if you need work experience as part of your degree, we may be able to offer you a summer or 6 month paid internship at our office. The aim of the internship is to give interns experience across all of our business areas, from marketing, face to face sales, to finance and operations. For an internship we pay just above minimum wage.
You will need your own transport to get to and from the office, and for occasional UK meetings, and have local accommodation.
To discuss the opportunities for working with us, give Jon Arnold a call on 01892 771972 or email [email protected].