11-week Ski Instructor Course in Morzine
Gain your BASI Level 1 and 2 Ski Instructor qualifications on this intensive 11 week programme. Dramatically improve your abilities all whilst enjoying one of Europe’s best resorts for snow, pistes and apres-ski.
Rapidly improve your skiing ability, and gain qualifications, on our 11 week instructor programme. You’ll spend 11 weeks working with the experts and making the biggest improvement ever in your skiing.
During the first couple of weeks you will move quickly through your BASI Level 1 training and take the test on the third week so that you can then focus on the training for your Level 2. You will also complete an important 2 day outdoor first aid course, complete with certification.
Over the course of the 11 weeks, you’ll get around 3 hours training per day, plus your own training plan. Your training will cover race, freestyle, off-piste, backcountry and mogul training.
The course will end with a 10 day Alpine BASI Level 2 Instructor Training course as a culmination of everything to maximise your potential in becoming a BASI Ski Instructor.
Your Ski training is provided by PDS Academy. PDS Academy is a BASI accredited partner and responsible for all the training and assessment that will lead to your BASI level 1 and 2 courses. PDS Academy will allocate your instructors suitable to the individual elements of the course as outlined above. PDS Academy Instructors are not only BASI Instructors, but have also represented GB at an international level.
It’s not all just about the training. Also included in this programme is Husky driving and a free heli-skiing trip!
Accommodation and Food
You’ll live in a small chalet with other people on your course. Expect to share a room on bunk beds with 4-6 people to a room. The accommodation is basic but is perfectly adequate for what you will need after a full day on the slopes. The great thing about our accommodation is the location. You are based a 5 minute walk from the slopes and ski lifts. Furthermore, this is the prime location for local bars, restaurants and supermarkets. The chalet comes with access to a secure ski room where lockers are allocated to each room so that you can store your skis safely overnight.
You will be provided with breakfast and dinner Monday-Friday throughout the 11 week course. Breakfast usually consists of cereal, croissant, fruit, yogurts and eggs. Evening meals will normally be served in the chalet. It is typically a two course meal that is basic but filling. Plus, on many occasions free wine will also be included after a hard day’s training.
- Receive expert ski training from BASI Level 4 instructors to achieve your Level 1 and Level 2 ski instructor qualifications.
- BASI Training plus specialist Bumps, Freestyle, Back Country, Ski School and Race weeks
- Experience the thrills of a free heli-skiing trip and Husky driving
- Portes du Soleil full season ski pass and two-day First Aid course included.
- Enjoy a season living with like-minded people in the heart of one of Europe’s best ski resorts.
Whyshould I do this?
This is one of the most inclusive and value-for-money ski programmes available in the Alps. If you are looking to gain your BASI Level 1 and 2 qualifications, live on the slopes and have food included 5 days a week, this is for you.
You don’t need to be the world’s best skier to succeed on this course. We would ask that you are comfortable skiing red runs in Europe before you begin this course.
Based in one of the highest and most extensive ski areas in the Alps ensures great snow all season long!
You need to get yourself to Geneva Airport on the 7th January 2018 where you will be picked up by coach and transferred to Morzine. The journey to the resort takes approx. 1.5 hours.
What is provided
- Pre-departure briefing
- Airport transfers at the start and end of the season
- Central accommodation
- Support from our overseas staff in Morzine
- Portes du Soleil full season ski pass
- Breakfast and dinner (Monday-Friday)
- Exclusive aprés ski events
- Exclusive in-resort discounts at shops and bars!
- Free ski jacket
- 3 hours of training each day (Monday-Friday)
- Race training
- Mogul training
- Freestyle training
- Two-day First Aid course, Child Protection Training and Avalanche Training.
- Free Heli ski
- Husky driving
What do I need
- A passport valid for the duration of your stay
- Return flights to Geneva
- Travel insurance – we can introduce you to a policy
- All home-country travel costs (eg to the airport and London briefing)
- Spending money (£150-£200 per week)
- Skis and boots (we recommend you buy these in resort with the advice of our partners)
- DBS/police check (forms will be provided)