Oyster Worldwide have launched a 2 week pre-medical internship in exciting India this summer.
Starting on the 22nd July 2017, this internship is the perfect opportunity for a group of like-minded pre-medical students to head to Palampur in India to gain valuable experience – perfect for UCAS applications!
This is a fully packed adventure. Starting in Delhi, Interns will spend the first weekend seeing the iconic Taj Mahal. They will then fly to Palampur to begin their medical internship.
Each day, interns will shadow fully-qualified medical practitioners, visiting a number of different departments including:
• In-patients wards
• The laboratory
• Occupational therapy
• General wards
• Obstetrics and Gynaecology
• Internal medicine
• General surgery
In the evenings at the intern house, there will be plenty of time to play games and take part in the yoga classes – held on the roof! Once a week, interns will attend a medical lecture in the evening.
During the second weekend, interns will get an chance to explore the Tea Gardens in Palampur and to see the Indian home of the Dalai Lama – McLeodganj.
At the end of the programme, the interns will be flown back for their last night in Delhi before returning home.
• Internal flights from Delhi to Dharamshala
• 3 delicious home-cooked meals a day (while at the intern house)
• Weekend trips to the Taj Mahal, McLeodganj and the Palampur Tea Gardens, including entrance fees.
• Transfers from the airport to the accommodation
• Transport to and from work
• Two medical lectures
• Thorough orientation and induction
• A UK Oyster team leader who will accompany the group
• 24 hour support from both UK and India staff
• Intern T-shirt and notebook
What’s not included?
Visa, insurance, international flights and spending money
This internship is a perfect combination of medical experience, adventure and cultural immersion. Read the full itinerary.