Oyster Worldwide have launched a 2 week pre-medical internship in exciting India this summer.
Each summer we run this internship as a perfect opportunity for a group of like-minded pre-medical students to head to Delhi in India to gain valuable experience – perfect for UCAS applications!
This is a fully packed adventure based in Delhi and the Golden Triangle.
Each day, interns will shadow fully-qualified medical practitioners, visiting a number of different departments including:
• In-patients wards
• The laboratory
• Occupational therapy
• General wards
• Obstetrics and Gynaecology
• Internal medicine
• General surgery
In the evenings at the hotel, there will be plenty of time to play games. Once a week, interns will attend a medical lecture in the evening.
During the second weekend, interns will enjoy a 3 day Golden Triangle tour.
At the end of the programme, the interns will be flown back for their last night in Delhi before returning home.
• 3 meals a day
• Weekend Golden Triangle tour, including a visit to the Taj Mahal
• Transfers from the airport to the accommodation
• Transport to and from work
• Two medical lectures
• Thorough orientation and induction
• A UK Oyster team leader who will accompany the group
• 24 hour support from both UK and India staff
• Intern T-shirt, lab coat and notebook
What’s not included?
Visa, insurance, international flights and spending money
This internship is a perfect combination of medical experience, adventure and cultural immersion. Read the full itinerary.